July 30, 2013

Hello from Hamburg!

Yesterday my sister and I went to a day trip to Hamburg. There hasn't been any special reason for that besides the fact that we have summer holidays and wanted to do something exciting. So why not visit the second biggest city in Germany?

And I would say getting up (how it felt) in the middle of night was totally worth it. It was a good day - a little bit of sightseeing, a little bit of shopping (what else?)..

Only one thing irritated me. I hadn't been there in while and we got totally lost once, walking from the harbour to the city.

In the end my sister and I came to a conclusion. Hamburg is not bad. It is beautiful indeed. But Berlin is way better. I know some people don't like to hear that. But at least I don't get lost there.

But I have already said it: I also like Hamburg. Still it is the most beautiful city of Northern Germany. Don't you think it's pretty?


At St. Pauli Landing Stages

The narrow canals in Hamburg HafenCity (Hafen is the German word for harbour.)

Hamburg's old brick warehouses

The town hall


No comments:

Post a Comment