June 09, 2013

At the airport

Here am I sitting, waiting for my flight.

Yes, know it is a bit weird. Other exchange students start their blogs when they are actually going on exchange. MY first post is about sitting on the airport and going back home.

I have lived in Finland for a year and today is the day I’m going to see my home country Germany again for the first time after all these months.

If I am excited? Definitely! But I am also scared. I don’t know what is going to happen at home. We all have changed. A year is long. Sitting here I have the same feeling as on the day I left. I can’t even imagine anything about the future. I don’t have a clue.

On the one hand, I can’t wait to get into the airplane. On the other hand, I would just love to run away and let the biggest adventure of my life (so far) never end. Already on the carried to the airport I realized how much I love Finland and how beautiful the country is. Even from the airport windows I can see the amazing Finnish forest. I will miss the nature so much! 

Now I’m sure: I want to run away!

But I’m just sitting here watching the people. They are drinking coffee, eating, waiting like me.
Others are almost hectically to the gates because their flights are leaving soon.

By the way, I love airports. Airports are so international. You’re in only one country but at the same time in the whole world. There are so many languages spoken at an airport, there are so many different people. It feels like everyone from all over the world is coming together at airports.

Sometimes I wonder whether people are going home after a trip or whether they are leaving home for travelling.

And now I am wondering the same about me.


Am I going home or is it my home that I am leaving behind?

Me leaving my Finnish home this morning

The view out of the airport's windows

Not much time anymore!

Watching people in the café

The gate where I have to leave soon

No comments:

Post a Comment